Interference

1/03/10

Friday, I wrapped up a larger piece (compared to what I've been doing these days) for the Howard County Center for the Arts call for work dealing with environmental interference. I was hoping to start a new piece right after, but the furnace went out late yesterday, which made for crappy sleep last night and aching joints today... thus "interfering" with my ability to get anything new started.

I think I'll start calling the pieces that include words textscapes. I thought about using wordscapes but a 12/09 article in ARTnews shared that Graham Gillmore uses that term. Textscapes could also refer to texture, so I kinda like that. Hopefully it's kosher for me to use.


Documentation of the Final Sunset
Acrylic on Acrylic Sheet
48 x 36 inches
2010



Documentation of the Final Sunset
Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment