Not Sure What Happened

1/12/10

There are quite a few shows I want to enter, so I've been busy getting messy in the studio. I re-created Lilac & Ashes, which met its untimely demise when I dropped it down the stairs after shooting images outside. Went wide with it instead of narrow.



Lilacs & Ashes
Acrylic on Acrylic Sheets, Bolts
48 x 24 inches
2010


But this weekend, I decided to try my hand at a self-portrait for a competition in NYC. Not sure where this came from -- especially from this not-very-figurative gal.



Self-Portrait with Bird Mask
Acrylic on Paper
17 x 22 inches
2010


Then, for the Lust at Lustine Show in February, I did a mood self-portrait:



Self-Portrait in the Moments Before Wanting
Acrylic on Paper
17 x 22 inches
2010


Stephen thinks I should keep messing with the portrait/figurative stuff. I wonder what will happen. Of course, that's part of the fun :) The jpgs aren't quite right; I'm going to try to retake them.

No comments:

Post a Comment