Not Sure What Happened

1/12/10

There are quite a few shows I want to enter, so I've been busy getting messy in the studio. I re-created Lilac & Ashes, which met its untimely demise when I dropped it down the stairs after shooting images outside. Went wide with it instead of narrow.



Lilacs & Ashes
Acrylic on Acrylic Sheets, Bolts
48 x 24 inches
2010


But this weekend, I decided to try my hand at a self-portrait for a competition in NYC. Not sure where this came from -- especially from this not-very-figurative gal.



Self-Portrait with Bird Mask
Acrylic on Paper
17 x 22 inches
2010


Then, for the Lust at Lustine Show in February, I did a mood self-portrait:



Self-Portrait in the Moments Before Wanting
Acrylic on Paper
17 x 22 inches
2010


Stephen thinks I should keep messing with the portrait/figurative stuff. I wonder what will happen. Of course, that's part of the fun :) The jpgs aren't quite right; I'm going to try to retake them.

1 comment:

  1. Please enjoy browsing through our Web Site and viewing some of the artists and images available at our Gallery. We would also like to invite you to join us at the Gallery and enjoy a glass of wine whilst viewing our very latest collections.

    Regards.
    http://www.chelmerfineart.com

    ReplyDelete