Curator: Stefanie Fedor, Assistant Director, American University Museum at the Katzen Art Center
Deadline: Monday, June 20, 2011 at midnight
Show dates: September 15 – October 29, 2011
Location: Downtown DC, exact address TBA
Details on WPA's call for entries web page
OPTIONS 2011 is the fifteenth WPA biennial exhibition of emerging and unrepresented artists from the Mid-Atlantic region. OPTIONS presents visitors with a glimpse into the breadth and diversity of contemporary art practice in the area and showcases work in any medium by artists without gallery representation. WPA began the OPTIONS biennial series in 1981 with legendary artist Gene Davis and Washington Review Managing Editor Mary Swift as curators. Stefanie Fedor, the curator for OPTIONS 2011, encourages the submission of work in all media, including installation, performance and new media. A catalogue will be produced to accompany the exhibition. Participating artists will receive a $300 stipend.
• All artists residing in DC, Maryland, and Virginia are eligible.
• Artists must not have gallery represenation or have had representation within the past year.
• You do not have to be a WPA member to apply and there is no submission fee.
• All work must have been produced within the past 3 years.
• Submissions from artists working in all media are welcome.