Exposed Opening

2/8/10

It was a full house at Mayer Fine Art. The show was great, really strong, and I was very happy to be a part of it. The gallery space was wonderful -- totally surrounded by windows and art on angled structures for good views of just about everything. Someone I know from way back was there -- she's the epitome of uninhibited joy and it was so good to see her. She made my shy self feel more at ease. But I think the best part was spending time with my sister, something we need to do more of. She's got a creative side that I hope she explores in the future.

The worst thing was driving back home to Maryland. Talk about a white-knuckled, heart-pounding, "oh crap I'm gonna total the car what was I thinking my dad was right I shoulda stayed home" experience. The juror was snowed in, with no power, and had to jury by slide. Man, what a crazy winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment